Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elder Ballard

My stake up here in Logan is doing a service project to raise money to build a new Cache Valley food pantry. The food pantry up here is ghetto and can't serve all the people that need help. Yesterday, I went door to door asking people for donations. I felt like a missionary and it was scary!! I respect missionary's so much more now that I felt I have kind of been in their shoes. (even thought I really haven't) haha

Anywho, today Elder Ballard came and spoke to our stake. What an amazing feeling it was to have an apostle of Christ sitting 10 rows ahead of me. I brought my neighbor who is a non-member to the fireside. I asked him what he thought of it after and he said that he felt a sense of unity there. He likes how everyone belongs there. He also said how welcoming our church is compared to the ones he has previously been to. I'm thankful to be a member of this church:)

Elder Ballard spoke on standing on the right hand of the Lord. He said to "anchor your self, and choose today to never cross the line to the left side". The spirit was so strong. It was such a blessing to have him there and it is something I will never forget. 


Blogs are better when there are pics so here is the random pic of the day haha

Toodles 

No comments:

Post a Comment