Monday, November 28, 2011

Tender Mercies

Today was one of those "I miss grant way too much" kinda days. I prayed that I would be comforted, and comforted I was. A couple hours later there is a knock at my apartment. I answer and to my surprise some random dude is standing there. He hold out a letter and says, "this was in my mail, does it belong to you?". I look at it and get super giddy and say "YES"!! I'm so thankful that the Lord answers prayers.

A few things in his letter:

"Christ suffered all types of afflictions, temptations and pains so that He may be able to be filled with mercy for those who have caused Him pain. He did it so that He may know exactly how to help us. He didn't have to go through all of that pain, but He is perfect and chose to suffer all so that He would know exactly how we feel when we are at our lowest point. He did it so that He may be able to carry us through our tough times and lead by example".

"This mission is so valuable because it is a time to help others draw near unto Christ, but also a time for me to drawer near unto the Savior".

"It actually gets cold here in Asserri at night, jacket weather. Don't laugh (i totally laughed). I know you giggled when I said that but it's true. I'm not just being a baby" hahaha (he's a baby):)

My favorite is, "I've started to work out because I'm sick of having a body of a 12 year old and ooooooowwwwweeeeeeeee what can I tell you g-baby is back!!!" haha he then said just kidding but I'm sure he's looking good:b




The Lord has blessed me with sooooo many tender mercies these past months. I am so thankful for this gospel in my life.

Toodles

1 comment:

  1. Love that story! It's crazy how the lord works, and it's amazing! I am so glad to hear you are doing good and that you and grant are still as cute as ever <3

    ReplyDelete